Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Greatest Gift.

As the tears roll steady down my cheeks, my eyes heated, pushed shut,
a breeze feels cold against the wetness, I open my eyes to see I am alone.
I look hard at myself, hard into the deepness of my heart. Asking hard questions there.
the answer again comes back, no truer warrant do you possess.
no stronger waters can cascade from within and what terrible drought awaits when they are gone.

A love I try to doubt, question when it pains me, yet is as unmoving as the earth itself.
no more confusion here, only clarity. My life a dull loveless chasm without you,
a thousand songs and a thousand miles would I unleash to reach you,
for you I will lay down still forever, to know your laugh will echo on and on.
But one is not enough, one is only one and these words are only words with it.
I speak through my tears and sadness, clear to me is my love, obscured to me is yours.
finally I see there through blur, through pain, that with my love my greatest gift to thee, is to depart.
With love, the strength to know you want no more. you want not me, not this way.

such sadness in your voice. I cannot bear it.

My butterflies beautiful dance will dance on, into the heights,
and my face in the yearning milling crowd will be swallowed,
A tiny glint below reveals my tears,
a weak smile,

for now she is free.







No comments:

Post a Comment