A winding road down deep chasms trod,
the years slide by, greased and slick and sly
At this corner I now stand, my bag at my feet, alone and wretched I feel,
no colour do I see, no hand do I hold, no purpose to me.
What end is there for I, when I cannot find a beginning.
a long stall I endure, my eyes tired and watery, and strained.
My heart sad and scornful, many patches it bears, not broken but scarred.
This corner I must conquer, this tomorrow I must see.
The past pains be my tinder, the pain today will be my spark,
the spark of my new step, my next foot forward.
How thick and stank the air is though, how it chokes and scratches at me,
betrayed are my feet, betrayed is my step, one more fall I must take, one more. One more.
No comments:
Post a Comment