A surety of soul and heart, such a bond can be no lie.
all I can be, all I want now in grasp, a vision is she.
such harmful reactions deep in me, times past around my neck
a chain cuts bone deep, chills from my speech, such horrors lurk
flesh glistens, exposed now beating heart fast,
each word a poison dart, panic now, looking in through murky glass
stop. stop I must.
her time my only cherished time on earth, all bets off, all changed,
her smile my waking purpose now, and life a gift from my passions beaded brow.
but whispers in the cold, through the ice, my clutch is tight, blood runs through my fingers
too much spewed up from my pains, burning her
banished once, now stirring, driving madness
that tainted heart reaching out holding on to her shaking hand,
paused, shaking, unsure, to clasp and pull up
or let go and be free from it. from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment